Friday, September 18, 2009

Quickie update after a couple of days

Well my feet have come back down to earth because I do have a surgery related headache, BUT it's not even bad enough to take anything but a couple of Advil. To quote Bill and Ted "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!". There's something going on and I'm going to walk the airports going home. That will be flippin' ginormous. I'm still pretty damn giddy about the way I'm feeling. Yes I still feel like I have MS. But do I feel better than in the last few years? Hell yes. I can say it now. Something is very different. I almost let myself fantasize about what I'd do if I got my health back, but had to stop short. Quite the coping mechanism I've developed to not get too let down. The 'balanced' vision, the conversations I'm having without looking for words, it's unbelievable. Conversations used to wear me out in a large way. I love conversing with people and when my host family was doing the dishes tonight they were jamming to some funk. I actually got up for a moment and did the neck bob. I couldn't even move my neck last time, and my mom can attest to how bad the trip home was. Just a quick update because it hasn't gone away. I hope it never does.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent update! I do hear you about not getting hopes up -- but I'm getting my hopes up hearing about this. Take care and here's to the improvements staying and continuing...

    Best, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Keep hoping, it's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thrilled for you and your family. I can't wait to read your posts each week.

    ReplyDelete

I've figured out how to get everyone to be able to post on here.